City Secretary / Human Resources Director
Trish Nichols has served as the City Secretary/ Human Resource Director for the City of Shavano Park since 2021. Prior to joining our community, Trish embraced many paths in her career including employment for UPS (United Parcel Services), instructing adult learners at Western Technical College, and being involved with grant programs such as Communities in Schools and 21st Century which serve nearly 2 million youths through state award agencies.
Trish earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Social Psychology in 2005 and completed her Masters of Science in Administration of Justice and Security in 2012. Trish Nichols brings over ten years of Human Resource leadership experience in a broad range of industries including healthcare services, transportation, insurance, and most recently, Fin-Tech banking.
Trish has been married to her best friend, Tim Nichols, for over 28 years. Together they have one son, and three daughters. They live in San Antonio, TX with their fur babies. In Trish’s spare time she enjoys being with friends and family, and staying active with the War Dog Association
The position of City Secretary is a statutory position required by State law and City Ordinance. The City Secretary is hired by the City Manager. The City Secretary provides administrative support to the City Council and City Manager. In addition, the City Secretary also serves as the City’s Records Management Officer for the preservation of official records.
Other duties of the City Secretary include:
- Publication of meeting agendas and notices
- Preparation of minutes for all regular and special City Council and Boards/Commission Meetings
- Maintain the Code of Ordinances
- Preparation of proclamations
- Coordination and administration of all municipal elections
- Coordination of City’s special events
- Maintains the corporate seal of the city
- Provides customer services to citizens and visitors to City Hall Services