City Secretary / Human Resources Director
Kristen Hetzel began employment as the City’s City Secretary / Human Resources Director in May 2023. She was previously the Human Resources Manager for the City of Cibolo. She has considerable experience in municipal government. In her free time, she enjoys time with her daughter and pets.
If you have questions for the City Secretary email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position of City Secretary is a statutory position required by State law and City Ordinance. The City Secretary is hired by the City Manager. The City Secretary provides administrative support to the City Council and City Manager. In addition, the City Secretary also serves as the City’s Records Management Officer for the preservation of official records.
Other duties of the City Secretary include:
- Publication of meeting agendas and notices
- Preparation of minutes for all regular and special City Council and Boards/Commission Meetings
- Maintain the Code of Ordinances
- Preparation of proclamations
- Coordination and administration of all municipal elections
- Coordination of City’s special events
- Maintains the corporate seal of the city
- Provides customer services to citizens and visitors to City Hall Services