NW Military Construction starts June 2021
Work will begin on the north section near Loop 1604 and progress southward. Again, we can expect various lanes to be closed during construction.
Construction work is anticipated to conclude in early 2024.
This project will accomplish:
- Adding a continuous center-turn lane
- Adding sidewalks and bicycle accommodations
- Adding a traffic signal at Pond Hill Road intersection
- Installing raised medians between Loop 1604 and Wagon Trail Road
- Multiple drainage improvements to prevent increased storm water runoff
- Partial reconstruction of residential driveways to safely tie into the expanded road
- VIA covered bus stop installed near Pond Hill Road & NW Military Highway
We know you will have many questions and concerns throughout this major construction project. Staff have created a one stop shop for answers at shavanopark.org/nwmilitary
The City will provide project updates and information through this website project page, the Roadrunner Newsletter (mailed and posted on this webpage), and our social media channels: Twitter @ShavanoPark, Facebook @ShavanoPark, and the Shavano Park NextDoor community.
If you have any questions, problems or concerns regarding the construction or the work of the contractor, please call the City at 210.493.3478 or email email@example.com.