Apply for Employment?
City of Shavano Park will post new job opportunities on this page as positions become available. If you are considering a rewarding career in public service, please visit our page on a regular basis. The City of Shavano Park is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a quality workforce. The City of Shavano Park accepts applications and resumes only for positions advertised. Job announcements and application are listed below.
|PUBLIC WORKS SERVICEMAN||
Under basic supervision in the maintenance and repair of City infrastructure and water systems for the Public Works Department (PWD).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class; employees may be assigned duties which are not listed below; reasonable accommodations may be made as required. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement and is subject to change at any time by the employer. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs repair and maintenance activities for the Public Works Department (PWD); prioritizes and assigns tasks; assures that all safety rules and regulations are observed on the job site.
- Assembles and stages materials, supplies and equipment at the job site.
- Maintenance of equipment; monitors work methods and activities; and enforces compliance to PWD policies and procedures.
- Follows and enforces all safety rules and regulations, and monitors work site safety standards; reports safety hazards, equipment problems, repair needs, security issues, and emergency situations.
- Operates a variety of vehicles, equipment and tools in accordance with safety regulations and procedures.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Shavano Park and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors, and City staff; promotes the City goals and priorities, and complies with all City policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work weekends, and nights if and when needed.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED; one (1) years of experience in infrastructure repair and maintenance preferred; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a valid Class “C” and/or valid “CDL” Texas Driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- City organization, operations, policies and procedures.
- Federal and state safety regulations, safe work practices, occupational hazards and safety precautions in a utility plant.
- Set up barricades when required to protect employees and public.
- Perform routine maintenance on verticals, tools, and equipment.
- Use good judgment to work safety and use equipment properly.
- Work in trenches and confined spaces.
- Methods, materials and equipment used in public works construction and PWD infrastructure, maintenance and repair.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of basic business software.
- Safe and efficient operation and maintenance of vehicles and equipment according to standard operating and safety procedures.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The work environment and physical demand characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lift and carry up to fifty 50 pounds, pull, push, or drag up to 120 pounds of installation and repair equipment or materials. Works with large capacity pumping equipment, chemicals, raw sewage, and working around heavy equipment. Performs heavy manual labor in outdoor conditions of extreme heat and cold while in the presence of mechanical or natural hazards.
You must submit a City of Shavano Park employment application. You may attach a resume and cover letter with your application.
Download the City of Shavano Park application - or available at City of Shavano Park City Hall, 900 Saddletree Court, Shavano Park, TX. If you need any additional information, please contact City Secretary / HR Director, Trish Nichols at 210.581.1116 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit complete via email to email@example.com or mail to 900 Saddletree Court, Shavano Park, TX 78231.