Apply for Employment?
The City of Shavano Park Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the position of
Full Time Firefighter/EMT (Paramedic Preferred).
This hiring process will establish an eligibility list and fill current positions.
More information may be found at http://www.shavanopark.org.
Applications and resume must be received by February 15, 2022 at 5:00pm
Applications are available at the following website:
or may be obtained by emailing email@example.com
**Mail completed applications to: **Or Hand Deliver to: **Or Email to:
Human Resource Shavano Park Fire Department firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Trish Nichols 15604 NW Military Hwy
900 Saddletree Court Shavano Park, TX. 78231
Current compensation for starting Firefighter/EMT as of October 2021
Starting salary range is $46,820.01 min to $58,820.78 max – based on 2756 hours per year
Starting salary, including 156 overtime hours, range is $50,794.89 min to $63,435.70 max per year
(Listed salaries do not reflect additional pay for TCFP certifications, as described below)
Rotating shifts are based on a **48/96 Work Schedule**
- TMRS 20-year retirement with 7% 2:1 match
- Paid Individual Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- City Contribution to Individual HSA or FSA
- Additional Pay for Intermediate, Advanced, or Master FF TCFP Certification
- Additional Pay for Intermediate, Advanced or Master Fire Inspector TCFP Certification
Must be at least 18 years of age at time of application. Must be a citizen of the United States. Must have a High School Diploma or GED. Must have a fluent command of written and spoken English. Must be in good physical and emotional health. If applicable, military service with an honorable discharge as stipulated on a DD-214 form.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
Must have a current TCFP certification. Must have a current Texas DSHS certification as an EMT-Basic. Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License. Must be insurable under the City’s vehicle insurance policy. Must pass a background check to insure applicant has not been convicted of a felony, DWI, DUID. Have not been convicted of a misdemeanor above class C. Have not received more than 5 traffic related issues in the past five years. Must PASS a reference check, an oral interview, a pre-employment physical examination to include drug screening, a written entrance exam, and a physical ability test
.APPLCATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
- Request, complete and submit a City of Shavano Park application along with current resume or curriculum vitae. Must include a copy of Driver’s License at time of submission
- Candidates will be formally invited by phone, mail and / or email to participate in a written entrance examination process and in a physical ability process scheduled for October 26th at 9:00am
- Applicants must complete the written exam portion with a minimum of 70% or higher score as well as complete the physical ability test
- Candidates successful in both written and physical portions of the hiring process will then be scheduled for a panel interview which are tentatively scheduled for October 28th at 8:00 am
- After formal board interviews are completed candidates still under consideration will be ranked and conditional offers of employment will be made
- Conditional employees will then be required to undergo a medical exam and drug screening through the cities designated medical facility
- Once cleared; offers of full time employment as a probationary employee will be made
Download the City of Shavano Park application - or available at City of Shavano Park City Hall, 900 Saddletree Court, Shavano Park, TX. If you need any additional information, please contact City Secretary / HR Director, Trish Nichols at 210.581.1116 or email@example.com. Please submit complete via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 900 Saddletree Court, Shavano Park, TX 78231.