The City has contracted with MyGovernmentOnline to provide fully digital, web-based permitting and plan review services. All contractor registrations and all residential and commercial permit applications are now submitted online at MyGovernmentOnline.
You must create a free account with MyGovernmentOnline (or login to your existing account) to submit a permit application with the City. MyGovernmentOnline Customer Support is available at (866) 957-3764 or online here.
PERMITS & INSPECTIONS
Inspections are conducted between the hours of 8:00 am – 11:00 am, Monday – Friday.
Failure to obtain a permit or be registered with the City prior to the commencement of work will result in a double permit and/or registration fee.
MyGovernmentOnline will process all building permits and schedule all inspections required for construction within the city limits. Residential and Commercial Building permits are reviewed by BB Inspection Services, LLC and KFW Engineers & Surveying, which are both under contract with the City of Shavano Park. For questions regarding MyGovernmentOnline please call (866) 957-3764.
Inspections are conducted to ensure that a project is in compliance with City ordinances and state regulations. The Inspection costs are included in the permit fee.
COMPLETION OF INSPECTION
At the completion of each inspection, the Inspector will upload inspection results on MyGovernmentOnline. The status of your all your inspections, permits and plan reviews can be viewed by accessing your Account -> My Permits -> View -> Requirements. Contact MyGovernmentOnline at (866) 957-3764 if you need assistance. If your inspection requires a correction, that item must be corrected and re inspected again for compliance before the project can proceed. If an inspection has failed, a $50.00 re inspection fee will be due. The re inspection fee must be paid prior to rescheduling the re inspection.
All contractors applying for a permit from the City of Shavano Park will be required to register on MyGovernmentOnline. The annual contractor registration fee will be $50. No City registration fees will be assessed to licensed Plumbing, Electrician, Fire Sprinkler, Fire Alarm or Septic contractors per State Law.
THE REGISTRATION PROCESS ON MYGOVERNMENTONLINE WILL REQUIRE YOU TO PROVIDE COPIES OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
1. Copy of Trade License (front & back).
2. Copy of a Valid Driver’s License
3. Certificate of Liability Insurance for $1,000,000.00, reflecting the City of Shavano Park as the Certificate Holder. Note: Please use the address 900 Saddletree Court, Shavano Park, TX 78231 on the Certificate of Liability Insurance.
Marisa Knuffke, Permit Clerk - Email - 210.493.3478
The Permit Clerk strives to provide excellent customer service to the residents of Shavano Park and is responsible for providing the following:
- IMPLEMENTATION of all Building Codes and City Ordinances during the construction, alteration and improvement of the built environment to secure the beneficial interests of public life, health, and welfare.
- ASSURANCE that all construction is performed by licensed and/or registered contractors.
- TIMELY response to the questions, issues and concerns of the residents of the City of Shavano Park on matters related to the above functions of the Permit Office.